Member Driven. Impact Focused.
CalWEP has released its 2021-2023 Strategic Plan, charting the organization's course to maximize water efficiency in the state of California. In its second 3-year plan since launching as CalWEP, the organization carries forward the expertise and collaboration that has been its hallmark. CalWEP is committed to providing cutting-edge expertise within a broad collaborative framework to help California water agencies navigate current and future challenges. This new strategic plan further acknowledges the role water efficiency plays in climate change adaptation and water equity and affordability.
Through an extensive strategic planning process, the CalWEP Board of Directors developed 8 Primary Objectives:
1. Assist water supplier partners by providing as-needed information, expertise, and services that will enable them to meet municipal or utility-adopted water-use goals, as well as legislative and regulatory requirements.
2. Conduct and support research and evaluation efforts.
3. Transform markets for water-use efficiency-related products and services.
4. Assume a leadership role in building a statewide community of organizations focused on conservation, efficiency, resilience of water systems and watersheds, climate change, and leveraging the water-energy nexus.
5. Retain existing partners and increase overall membership.
6. Build organizational capacity to meet strategic planning goals.
7. Expand statewide advocacy following CalWEP’s adopted advocacy principles.
8. Promote water use efficiency as a means to increase water equity and affordability.