The City of Phoenix is currently seeking a Water Resource Specialist to support the Water Resources and Development Planning division of the Water Services department. The tasks listed below will either be shared with or supportive of existing Water Conservation and Efficiency staff. In some cases this Water Resources Specialist position will have the lead role.
Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
- Two years of professional experience in resource management, planning, and a bachelor's degree in resource management, hydrology, geology, geography, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Two years of experience with water conservation and efficiency programs and/or water resources management.
- Knowledge about the Arizona Groundwater Management Act and Arizona Department of Water Resources conservation and water use reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Salt River Project and Central Arizona Project supplies, legal authorities and constraints.
- Knowledge about industrial, commercial and institutional water uses and working with facility managers at these locations.
- Experience assessing and evaluating the condition and efficiency of landscape irrigation systems at residential commons, multifamily developments and single-family homes.
- Knowledge about the watering needs and the horticultural practices of low water use plants, trees and turf in the Phoenix area.
- Knowledge of indoor water efficient fixtures and appliances.
- Experience creating and setting up informational tables and exhibits for community events.
- Experience with multimedia outreach.
- Experience communicating directly with customers to educate them and answer questions regarding water efficiency, water conservation and water resources.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://employee.phoenix.gov/Documents/Employment_Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.